This quintessential period home offers discerning buyers a substantial family haven. A breathtaking example of classic Federation architecture c 1910 that blends original features with modern updates. Extended and renovated to uphold the character of the era yet offering modern conveniences. Exquisite period detailing and craftsmanship reflected throughout this home . . . .gorgeous 3.3m (11 foot) high and intricately detailed plastered ceilings, wide skirtings, picture rails, cedar joinery, French doors, timber fretwork, 2 ornate open fireplaces, polished timber floors and a wrap-around front verandah to enjoy the northerly aspect.
The flexible floorplan provides ample living space . . . . a front formal sitting room with cosy fireplace, grand formal dining room with fireplace and charming French doors opening to a sunlit enclosed side verandah complete with handmade timber and water-glass windows, an ideal room for a home office or day bed for extra guests. The generous casual living room features a gas log fireplace and an open ambience with a clever use of glass, flowing seamlessly to the inviting covered entertaining deck. A great entertainment space here with an elevated leafy outlook over the landscaped backyard, complete with an impressive fenced vegetable garden and chicken coop for fresh home produce. The high set aspect here also provides glimpses of Parramatta city skyline and occasional fireworks!.
- Fully renovated both internally and externally with a freshly painted exterior
- Sky-lit timber kitchen with walk-in pantry, Caesarstone benches and gas stove/electric oven,
- Alarm system, gas heating, ceiling fans, r.c. air conditioning
- Main bathroom and ensuite with bespoke marble-topped cabinetry
- 3 generous queen-sized bedrooms with built in robes, the main with charming French doors to the rear verandah
- Laundry with storage and 3rd W.C
- Detached garage with workshop space and garden shed plus a covered carport as well as extra off-street parking
Set in a highly sought -after location, the Parramatta bus stop and M2 bus stop at the end of the street. Local shopping centres at Baulkham Hill and Castle Towers are a short drive, and very easy access to the M2/M7 motorway on-ramps. This rare period weatherboard home presents immense street appeal in a quiet no- through road set on a large 930m2 block amongst established gardens.
Inspection a MUST!